Read the eligibility criteria, last date and how to apply for National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination I 2013.
UPSC has released official notification of NDA & NA examination (I) 2003 today. Students who want to join Indian Army, Air Force and Navy as commissioned officers may apply for the exam.
Update : NDA & NA exam (II) 2013 notification to be released by UPSC soon.
Uninon Public Service Commission has released the notification for National Defence Academy and Naval Academy (I) 2013 today officially in www.upsc.gov.in
. NDA & NA exam is conducted to shortlist the candidates for further SSB interview testing
. Recommended candidates by the selection board will complete their graduation from defence academies. After completing their graduation, cadets will be commissioned into the defence forces of India as commissioned officers.
Entrance exam for admission into National Defence Academy and Naval Academy will be conducted on 14th April 2013 by UPSC. There are two courses offered by UPSC. One is 131st NDA course for admission into Air Force, Navy and Army wings. Second course offered is the 93rd Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) for admission into Indian Navy. Both 131st NDA course and 93rd NA course will start on 02 January 2014. Candidates who opt for Indian Naval Academy shall be admitted into four years B. Tech course and will have to join Indian Navy's Executive and Technical branches.
Vacancies of Army, Air Force and Navy wings in NDA & NA
There are total 300 vacancies available in NDA course. Out of 300 seats, 195 seats are reserved for Indian Army, 39 seats for Indian Navy and remaining 66 seats are for Indian Air Force.
And in Naval Academy, there are total 55 vacancies will be filled up for executive and technical branches of Navy.
Thus while filling up the online application of NDA & NA Examination (I) 2013, candidates should choose their preferences. Candidates are free to choose all courses. Based on the merit in the exam, interview will be carried out. If the candidate will not opt for any course, even if he is eligible for a course, he will not be called for the interview.
Final admission in the Defence academies will be based on the written exam conducted by UPSC and further intelligence and personality test by the Services Selection Board.
Centers of NDA & NA Examination
Examination will be conducted in the following centers of India.
Applicants are adviced to apply online as soon as possible as there are limited number of seats available in all centers except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur. After the seats are filled up, candidates will have to choose other examination centers. Allotment of NDA & NA exam centers will be made as per first cum first serve basis.
- Panaji (goa)
- Port blair
Eligibility criteria for NDA and NA exam (I) 2013
Age, sex and marital status of the applicant : Only unmarried male candidates can apply for the examination. Applicants should be born between 2nd January 1995 and 1st July 1997.
Educational qualification :
Fee details :
- For Army wing of National Defence Academy, applicant should have passed 10+2 class or intermediate or equivalent examination fro recognized university or board.
- For Air Force and Naval wings, candidates should have passed 12th class in 10+2 pattern with Mathematics and Physics subjects.
- Candidates who are studying in class 12th are also eligible to apply for the NDA and NA courses.
- For SC/ST candidates or sons of JCOs / NCOs / ORs fee is not collected by UPSC.
- For all other candidates, hundred rupees is charged for the examination as fees.
How to pay fees for NDA & NA examination (I) 2013
- Candidates can pay the fees by depositing money directly in any State Bank of India's branches by cash.
- Net banking account facilities of SBI / State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur / State Bank of Hyderabad / State Bank of Mysore / State bank of Patiala / State Bank of Travancore can be used for paying the fees.
- If you have Visa / Master Credit or debit cards to pay the fee.
Last date for applying
Last date to apply online for NDA & NA examination (I) 2013 is 21st January 2013 midnight.