Indian Coast Guard has released notification for recruiting graduates as Group A Gazetted officers.
Indian Coast Guard is responsible to safeguard Indian coasts from invaders and smugglers. Working in the Coast Guard is very challenging job. That too serving as a Group A Gazetted officer means a lot for a person.
Eligibility criteria to apply for Assistant Commandant posts in Indian Coast Guard
Applicant who want to apply for Indian Coast Guard's Assistant Commandant officer jobs must fulfill the following criteria. Here we have provided eligibility criteria as per the branch.
- General Duty Branch : Only men can apply for Indian Coast Guard General Duty branch. Applicant should be a Bachelor's degree holder with 60%. In 10+2 exam, candidate should have scored minimum 60% in Physics and Maths. Applicant should have born between 01st July 1989 and 30 June 1993.
- General Duty (Pilot/Navigator/Observer) Branch : Applicant should be male and must have scored minimum 60% in B Sc with Maths and Physics in order to apply for Indian Coast Guard's pilot and navigation branch. Applicant should have secured 60% in Physics and Maths at 10+2 level. Date of birth of applicant should fall between 01 July 1987 and 30 June 1995.
- Technical branch (Mechanical/Electrical/Aeronautical) : Only men can apply for Indian Coast Guard's Technical branch. Applicant should have scored 60% in B Tech or BE engineering degree. Also applicant should have scored 60% in Maths and Physics. Applicant should have born between 01 July 1984 and 30 June 1993. Applicants with AMIE are also eligible for applying Indian Coast Guard's Technical branch officer posts.
There are two branches in which Indian Coast Guard has invited applications for Assistant Commandant posts in Short Service Appointments.
- Pilots (Helicopter and fixed wing) Branch for Commercial Pilot License holders : Applicants should have passed 10+2 with 60%. Also applicant should have valid Commercial Pilot License (CPL) which is approved by Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA). Both men and women can apply for this branch. Applicants should have born between 01 July 1987 and 30 june 1995.
- General Duty (Women) : Only women can apply for this branch of Indian Coast Guard. Applicants should have passed 60% marks in graduation and 60% in Physics & Maths at 10+2 level. Applicants should have born between 01 July 1989 and 30 June 1993.
Note : Candidates who are studying final year of graduation may also apply for Indian Coast Guard's Assistant Commandant posts.
How to apply and last date
Only online applications are accepted by Indian Coast Guard. In order to fill up online application of Assistant Commandant posts, one need to go to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
. On right hand upper corner, one may see "Opportunities" link. Click on this link and you will be redirected to online application of Assistant Commandant officer posts.
Last date to apply is 13 June 2013.
Selection will be made based on SSB interviews
conducted by Indian Coast Guard.