Indian Air Force conducts AFCAT i.e., Air Force Common Admission Test
for shortlisting candidates to test them by AFSB board through SSB interview. IAF authorities have released AFCAT 01/2014
notification through which applications are invited for 86 AEC and 58 SSC technical courses. 86 AEC and 58 SSC technical branch courses will commence in January 2015.
Check out the eligibility criteria to apply for 86 AEC and 58 SSC courses through AFCAT 01/2014.
Age criteria for 86 AEC and 58 SSC courses of technical branch in IAF
- Male applicants can apply for 84 AEC and 56 SSC courses in technical branch. Whereas, female candidates can apply only for 56 SSC course.
Applicants should be 18 to 28 years of age in order to apply for the technical branches.That is applicant should be born between 02 January 1987 to 01 January 1997.
Educational qualification for AEC/SSC courses
- Candidates who want to apply for AE(L) branch or AE(M) branch in IAF should have any one of the following qualifications.
- Candidate should have done four year engineering course from recognised university. (or)
- Persons who have cleared Section A and Section B papers of AMIE (Associate Member of Institution of Engineers (India)) are also eligible to apply. (or)
- Candidates completed engineering from Aeronautical Society of India can also apply for 86 AEC and 58 SSC. (or)
- Candidates who have completed engineering from IETE (Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers) are also eligible.
Apart from the above mentioned eligibility criteria, candidates should have studied essential subjects for technical branch in order to apply for technical officer commissioning in Indian Air Force.
- Minimum height of the applicants should be 157.5 Cms.
- Candidate should not be physically or mentally challenged.
If you fulfill all the eligibility criteria laid out by IAF authorities, you can apply online for 86 AEC or 58 SSC courses of technical branch in Indian Air Force
If you don't fulfill the above criteria, check out whether eligibility criteria of 15 SSC course in IAF's Flying branch to become a pilot officer in Indian Air Force
So go on and apply for AFCAT 01/2014 exam
Also read :