Indian Navy has opened up another door for those aspirants who want to become commissioned officers in Navy but missed the opportunity to apply for Navy's earlier notification. Candidates who will be successful in SSB interviews will be recruited as short service commission officers in Indian Navy
. Candidates who have applied in the month of March 2014 for Navy's officer posts
need not to apply this time.
SSC courses offered by Indian Navy
There are total four branch courses offered by Indian Navy.
- Technical branch course
- Submarine specialisation branch course
- Executive General Service and Hydro branch course
- Naval Architect
Eligibility criteria for Indian Navy SSC posts
- Applicant should be male and unmarried.
- Applicants should be Indian citizen.
- Applicants should not have permanent tattoos on their body except on inner forearm.
- Age of applicant should be as follows.
- For all courses offered by Indian Navy, age of the applicant must be between 19 1/2 years to 25 years.
Educational qualification for SSC posts
Candidates should have scored minimum 65 % in graduation.
- For Technical Engineering branch candidates should have studied in any of the following branches.
- Industrial Production
- Aeronautical / Aerospace
- B S Marine Engineering
- For Technical Electrical branch, applicants should have studied in any of the following branches.
- (i) Electrical
- (ii) Electronics
- (iii) Telecommunication Branch
- (iv) Instrumentation
- (v) Instrumentation and Control
- (vi) Electronics and Instrumentation
- (vii) Electronics and Communication
- (viii) Power Engineering
- (ix) Control System
- (x) Power Electronics
- For applying to Submarine engineering branch of Indian Navy applicant should have studied from the following engineering stream.
- (i) Mechanical
- (ii) Marine
- (iii) Automotive
- (iv) Mechtronics
- (v) Industrial & Production
- (vi) Metallurgy
- (vii) Aeronautical/Aerospace
- (viii) B.S. Marine Engineering
- (ix) Instrumentation
- (x) Instrumentation & Control
- (xi) Automation & Robotics
- (xii) Industrial Engg. & Management
- (xiii) Production Engg
- For applying to Submarine electrical branch of Indian Navy applicant should have studied from the following engineering stream.
- Power Engg.
- Electronics & Communication
- Control System Engg.
- Power Electronics
- For Executive (General Service and Hydro) branch, applicants may have studied engineering with any stream.
- For applying to Naval Architect officer posts, applicant should have studied engineering in the following stream.
- Naval Architect
After shortlisting the candidates, Navy will conduct SSB interviews
for all selected candidates. Candidates need to qualify in the five day interview.
Last date to apply for Indian Navy SSC course commencing in December 2014 is 12th June 2014.
Online applications will be available in Indian Navy's official website from 31st May 2014.
Also check out