Army Medical Corps (AMC) recruits and trains the MBBS doctors as Armed Forces Medical officers. It gives great opportunity for MBBS graduates to serve the nation with their skills as Short Service Commissioned officers.
AMC SSC Medical Officers Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for Army Medical Corps Short Service Commissioned Officer jobs, candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
- Applicants of AMC SSC medical officers posts should be Indian citizen.
- Applicants must have passed MBBS Part I and Part II.
- Applicants should not have availed more than two chances for passing each part of MBBS.
- Applicant should have registered in MCI or state council.
- Age of the applicant must not be more than 45 years.
- Candidates with MD / MS / M Ch / DM degree are eligible for applying.
Selection procedure for Army Medical Corps SSC Medical Officers
Army Medical Corps will first scrutinise the documents and according to the academic performance and correctness of the application, a list of shortlisted candidates will be published. All shortlisted candidates will have to undergo an interview held by Army Medical Corps officers at Research & Referral hospital. Candidates who pass the interview will be recruited as Short Service Commissioned officers in Army Medical Corps.
How to apply for AMC MBBS doctors post
Earlier, applicants need to fill up a form as laid down in the notification. But from 2014 onward, Army Medical Corps is accepting online applications only.
Candidates need to go to AMC's official website
and need to apply online for AMC SSC officers posts. Then while going for the interview, candidates need to take all original documents as asked.
Online applications can be submitted by the applicants from 12th June 2014 and last date to apply for AMC SSC officer posts is 03rd July 2014.