Union Public Service Commission of India has notified Combined Defence Services Examination II 2014 and has invited applications from graduates.
CDSE courses and vacancies offered
Following courses are offered by UPSC through CDSE 2 2014 examination.
- Indian Military Academy 139th course - IMA 139th course has total 200 vacancies in which 25 vacancies are reserved for NCC C certificate holders.
- Indian Naval Academy course - INAC Ezhimala course has 45 vacancies. Out of 45 vacancies, 6 vacancies are being offered to NCC C certificate holders.
- Air Force Academy 198th F(P) course - In this course, total 32 vacancies are available.
- Officers Training Academy 102nd SSC course - This OTA Chennai course is for men and there are total 175 vacancies available.
- Officers Training Academy 16th SSC women course - OTA Chennai 16th SSC Women course has 12 vacancies for women applicants.
How to apply for CDS Exam?
In order to apply for CDS exam 2 2014 first applicants should log on to UPSC's official website. On the left hand side, you can see "UPSC Online Applications" link. Click on it and you will be taken to the online CDSE form. Fill it up correctly and submit.
Last date to apply for CDSE 2 2014 is 18th August 2014.
CDSE 2 2014 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants wishing to apply for CDSE 2 2014 should fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
- Applicant must be Indian citizen.
- Applicants of IMA, INAC courses should have born between 2nd july 1991 and 1st July 1996.
- Applicants applying for AFA should have born between 2nd July 1992 and 01 July 1996.
- Applicants of OTA courses should have born between 2nd July 1990 and 1st july 1996.
- IMA applicants must have a degree from recognised university.
- For INAC course, applicants must have engineering degree.
- For AFA course, applicants must have any degree from recognised university and should have studied Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- For OTA courses, applicants must have any graduation degree.
So go on and apply for the CDSE 2 2014 exam now to fulfill your dream of becoming an officer in Indian armed forces.