Do you want to become a commissioned officer in Indian Air Force in technical branch? Read on to know about the eligibility criteria, educational qualification required to apply for technical commissioning courses in IAF and procedure to apply.
Indian Air Force conducts AFCAT i.e., Air Force Common Admission Test for shortlisting candidates to test them by AFSB board through SSB interview. IAF authorities have released AFCAT 01/2013 notification through which applications are invited for 84 AEC and 56 SSC technical courses. 84 AEC and 56 SSC technical branch courses will commence in January 2013.
Check out the eligibility criteria to apply for 84 AEC and 56 SSC courses through AFCAT 01/2013.
- Male applicants can apply for 84 AEC and 56 SSC courses in technical branch. Whereas, female candidates can apply only for 56 SSC course.
Age criteria for 84 AEC and 56 SSC courses of technical branch in IAFApplicants should be 18 to 28 years of age in order to apply for the technical branches.That is applicant should be born between 02 January 1986 to 01 January 1996.
- Candidates who want to apply for AE(L) branch or AE(M) branch in IAF should have any one of the following qualifications.
- Candidate should have done four year engineering course from recognised university. (or)
- Persons who have cleared Section A and Section B papers of AMIE (Associate Member of Institution of Engineers (India)) are also eligible to apply. (or)
- Candidates completed engineering from Aeronautical Society of India can also apply for 84 AEC and 56 SSC. (or)
- Candidates who have completed engineering from IETE (Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers) are also eligible.
- Minimum height of the applicants should be 157.5 Cms.
- Candidate should not be physically or mentally challenged.