Want to become an officer in IAF technical branch and looking for 86 AEC or 58 SSC course notification and eligibility criteria? Check out complete information of 86 Aeronautical Engineers course and 58 Short Service Commission course offered.
Indian Air Force conducts AFCAT i.e., Air Force Common Admission Test for shortlisting candidates to test them by AFSB board through SSB interview. IAF authorities have released AFCAT 01/2014 notification through which applications are invited for 86 AEC and 58 SSC technical courses. 86 AEC and 58 SSC technical branch courses will commence in January 2015.
Check out the eligibility criteria to apply for 86 AEC and 58 SSC courses through AFCAT 01/2014.
- Male applicants can apply for 84 AEC and 56 SSC courses in technical branch. Whereas, female candidates can apply only for 56 SSC course.
Applicants should be 18 to 28 years of age in order to apply for the technical branches.That is applicant should be born between 02 January 1987 to 01 January 1997.
Educational qualification for AEC/SSC courses
- Candidates who want to apply for AE(L) branch or AE(M) branch in IAF should have any one of the following qualifications.
- Candidate should have done four year engineering course from recognised university. (or)
- Persons who have cleared Section A and Section B papers of AMIE (Associate Member of Institution of Engineers (India)) are also eligible to apply. (or)
- Candidates completed engineering from Aeronautical Society of India can also apply for 86 AEC and 58 SSC. (or)
- Candidates who have completed engineering from IETE (Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers) are also eligible.
- Minimum height of the applicants should be 157.5 Cms.
- Candidate should not be physically or mentally challenged.
So go on and apply for AFCAT 01/2014 exam. Also read :