Air Marshal PN Pradhan, AVSM has been appointed new Deputy Chief of Integrated Defence Staff (Operations), HQ IDS. Here are a few facts about Air Marshal PN Pradhan of Indian Air Force.
Air Marshal PN Pradhan, AVSM is newly appointed Deputy Chief of Integrated Defence Staff (Operations), HQ IDS.
Here are a few facts about Air Marshal PN Pradhan
- Air Marshal PN Pradhan was commissioned in the Air Force transport stream as a pilot in the year 1981.
- He had experienced all operational roles whilst posted at transport squadrons. He specialises in forward areas and ALGs in the North-East and J&K.
- He is also a Qualified Flying Instructor (QFI) and has been a pilot examiner on the Boeing and AN-32 aircraft.
- During the induction and operationalisation of Embraer-135, BBJ and C-130 fleets in the IAF, he was closely associated throughout the process.
- He has held four operational commands during his tenure so far.
- He was the Station Commander of a Ground Air Defence Base, Air Officer Commanding of a transport base, President of an Air Force Selection Board and Command of Air Headquarter Communication Squadron.
- His other appointments include Assistant Chief of Air Staff (Transport and Helicopters) and Assistant Chief of Air Staff (Personal Airmen & Civilians) at Air Headquarters.
- He also served as the Senior Air Staff Officer of Southern Air Command.
- For his distinguished service of an exceptionally high order he was awarded Ati Vishisht Seva Medal on 26th January 2014.
All information sourced from PTI.