Check CDS 1 2017 maths original question paper for practice. CDS 1 2017 had total 100 questions in Mathematics paper. Check out CDS 1 2017 previous year question paper and answer key here.
CDS 1 2017 Maths question paper of UPSC
Maths paper is little bit easy if you practice well in advance. So we have brought CDS 1 2017 solved maths question paper practice set for all CDS exam aspirants.
Questions asked in CDS 1 2017 exam
- What is the number of digits in 2<sup>40</sup>?<br>(Given that log <sub>10</sub>2 = 0.301)
- If one root of (a<sup>2</sup>-5a+3)x<sup>2</sup> + (3a-1)x + 2 = 0 is twice the other, then what is the value of 'a'?
- What is the remainder when the number (4444)<sup>4444</sup> is divided by 9?
- If α and β are the roots of the equation x<sup>2</sup> + px + q = 0, then what is α<sup>2</sup> + β<sup>2</sup> equal to?
- If a<sup>3</sup> = 335 + b<sup>3</sup> and a = 5 + b, then what is the value of a + b (given that a > 0 and b > 0)?
- If 9<sup>x</sup> 3<sup>y</sup> = 2187 and 2<sup>3x</sup> 2<sup>2y</sup> – 4<sup>xy</sup> = 0, then what can be the value of (x + y)?
- The pair of linear equations kx + 3y + 1 = 0 and 2x + y + 3 = 0 intersect each other, if
- The number of prime numbers which are less than 100 is
- The cost of a diamond varies directly as the square of its weight. A diamond broke into four pieces with their weights in the ratio of 1 : 2 : 3 : 4. If the loss in total value of the diamond was Rs 70,000, what was the price of the original diamond?
- If 5 men can do a piece of work in 10 days and 12 women can do the same work in 15 days, the number of days required to complete the work by 5 men and 6 women is
- A passenger train departs from Delhi at 6 p.m. for Mumbai. At 9 p.m., an express train, whose average speed exceeds that of the passenger train by 15 km/hour leaves Mumbai for Delhi. Two trains meet each other mid-route. At what time do they meet, given that the distance between the cities is 1080 km?
- In a class of 49 students, the ratio of girls to boys is 4 : 3. If 4 girls leave the class, the ratio of girls to boys would be
- If a + b = 5 and ab = 6, then what is the value of a<sup>3</sup> + b<sup>3</sup> ?
Rajendra bought a mobile with 25% discount on the selling price. If the mobile cost him Rs 4,875, what is the original selling price of the mobile?
- A 225 m long train is running at a speed of 30 km/hour. How much time does it take to cross a man running at 3 km/hour in the same direction?
- Which one among the following is the largest?
- The difference between the simple and the compound interest on a certain sum of money at 4% per annum in 2 years is Rs 10. What is the sum?
- If a% of a + b% of b = 2% of ab, then what percent of a is b?
Go on and try this online CDS 1 2017 maths question paper with correct answer key to test your level of preparation.
Detailed InstructionsEach question carries 3 marks for right answer.
One mark will be deducted for each worng answer.