Want to become law officer in Indian Navy and looking for official notification? Indian Navy has released permanent commission in law cadre of executive branch for LLB and BA LLB graduates. Check out notification, how to apply and last date to apply.
Indian Navy has its own law branch in which LLB and BA LLB graduates are recruited to deal with legal matters.
Indian Navy law cadre eligibility criteriaIn order to apply for Indian Navy law cadre officer posts, applicants must fulfill the following eligibility criteria as laid down by the Navy.
- Applicant must be Indian citizen.
- Applicant should have passed LLB or BA LLB graduation.
- Applicant wishing to become officer in law cadre of Indian Navy must have scored 55% in LLB or BA LLB.
- Only male applicants are eligible to apply for permanent commissioning in Indian Navy's law cadre.
- Age of applicant should be between 22 years to 27 years.
- Applicants should be physically fit in order to apply for Navy law officer jobs.
Duties and role of Indian Navy law officersAs a law officer of Indian Navy you will have good amount of exposure on various levels of law. As a law officer, one will get ample opportunity to not only participate in policy making but also to implement the policy effectively as per the law. Thus, Indian Navy law officers get great amount of professional experience during their service in Indian Navy.
- Date of commencement of online applications - 31 Jan 2014
- Last date of submission of applications - 17 February 2014.
- Last date to send hard copy of law officer application form to Naval Headquarters - 27 February 2014.
- SSB interviews - March - May 2014
- Course commencement - June 2014