- SSB study material
Top 15 International current affairs for AFCAT 2016 and SSB - Series II
Check out top 15 current affairs which are important for AFCAT 1/16 exam aspirants. In this series we have listed current affairs on international events.
Earlier we had shared current affairs of India for competitive exams
- In January 2015 office of Charlie Hebdo of Paris was attacked by the terrorists which resulted in 17 deaths.
- On 12th February 2015 to combat terrorism UN Security Council has adopted Resolution 2199.
- On 25th April Nepal witnessed a major earthquake where death toll raised over 8,800.
- In United Kingdom, Conservative Party won the elections and David Cameron was elected as PM for the second term.
- In May 2015, Ireland held voting for legalizing same-sex marriage and majority has voted for legalizing same-sex marriage. Thus Ireland became the first country in the world to legalize the same-sex marriage.
- Cuba is the first country in the world to eliminate mother-to-child transmission of HIV and Syphilis.
- In July 2015 Greece has become the first developed nation to default on IMF payment.
- Diplomatic relations between USA and Cuba once again started after a long gap of 54 years.
- In September 2015 Malcolm Turnbell has ousted Australian PM Tony Abbott in a leadership bailout.
- NASA scientists have found out that there is flowing water in Mars planet.
- Justin Trudeau of Liberal Party of Canada wins the elections in October 2015.
- China ended its thirty year old one child policy.
- Aung San Suu Kyi of National League for Democracy won the elections in Myanmar.
- On 24th November 2015, Turkey shot down Russian aircraft which was fighting against ISIS.
- COP21 - UN Climate Change Conference was held in Paris. During the COP21 a global pact to reduce carbon emissions was signed by all the countries.
Few More Interesting Articles To Read